Sunday, January 9, 2011

Morningstar Turk'y Burgers

As much as I love to make things from scratch, it's always nice to have a product to rely on when you just don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Morningstar has been a part of my life since I was a boy. The breakfast patties and breakfast links went with me on the way to school for most of my childhood. So whenever Morningstar comes out with something new, I usually try it. Sometimes I am impressed, other times I've been very disappointed.

The last time we were at he grocery store, Michelle really wanted to purchase these. I'm usually not a fan of "specialty veggie burgers" out there. In my opinion it's hard to beat a good "Griller," so with hesitation I said yes. Today was the day...

I know that I don't need to go through the process of making a burger, I'm pretty sure you can handle that part. Here is what I did to make it just a little bit unique.

I used colby jack cheese to top the burgers, as well as diced jalapenos, spicy brown mustard tomatoes and spring mix lettuce. Make sure to lightly toast the bun (always).

Again, as I said, it's hard to beat a good Morningstar griller, but I would say their turk'y burger is pretty good. If I put Griller as the standard of 10, I would put this burger at about an 8. It has a good texture and no weird after taste like some veggie burgers out there. The patties look nothing like it does on the box, so don't let that scare you. When I remake these, I will probably add a Morningstar breakfast strip (stripple) and some avocado slices.

If you like veggie burgers, and are used to eating them, I think you will really like these. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so lucky to have a husband that cooks such wonderful food!

Lori Knight said...

Stephen, I love the presentation of your recipes! And your pictures are cookbook worthy. Nice job!