Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

It's not everyday you get a snow day. So Michelle and I made the most of it, and you'll be able to see our meals throughout the day. This morning we decided (well, michelle decided) that I would make breakfast.  Her request, breakfast burritos.  I said maybe quesadillas, but as I started cooking, what she said actually sounded better.

I started with half of a green bell pepper and about three slices of red onion.  With olive oil and some garlic I sauteed them up in a skillet.  Once cooked, I added about a cup or less of griller crumbles.  Meanwhile I cracked three eggs and added a splash of Louisiana hot sauce, salt and pepper to the eggs and beat them.  Then pushed the veggie mixture to the side of the skillet and added the eggs.  I started to scramble them, once they started to firm up, I mixed everything together.  Seasoned it with Adobo seasoning and Goya Sazon (secret ingredient for most mexican dishes).

Cut up some avocado and tomatoes and mixed them together with salt and pepper to top the burritos as well as some colby jack cheese.

Tasty... very tasty...


Enjoy!

No comments: