Sunday, May 29, 2011

Breakfast Tostadas


In the mood for something different for breakfast? This is a little something I cooked up back in May, I took pictures of it, then forgot to blog about it.  This was actually for Cinco De Mayo and it was so good, I will not be waiting for May 5 to come around to eat it again!

Here's what you'll need:
1 small onion
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic
1/2 Can of Corn (Drained)
1/2 Can of Black Beans (rinsed)
1 Can of Tomatoes/Green Chilis
1 packet of Sazón Goya
1/2 lime (optional)
1 avacado (optional)
Tostada Shells
4 eggs (optional, but highly recommended - 1 egg per tostada)
Fresh Cilantro


Start by Sauteing the Onion, Garlic and Pepper


Once tender, add in the Corn, Black Beans, Tomatoes and Chilis

Next, add the Sazón Goya
Continue to cook until everything is done.  While it is cooking, get out another skillet and cook up some eggs any way you like it.  We use Fisher Eggs from Fisher Farms right here in Oklahoma, I've never tasted a better egg in my life.

For Michelle, I scrambled her eggs (1 egg per tostada) I did one scrambled and one fried.  There's something wonderful about a fried egg over this mixture (if you like fried eggs, it's a must try) Top it off with fresh salsa (another blog post coming soon), avocado and fresh cilantro.  Enjoy!


No comments: